Sunday 14 October 2012

I can't add the comment to my previous post, so I must write a new one. On October 11th, 2012 I visited "Shevchenkivskyy Grove" and I didn't see the stairs of catholic church from Yazlivchyk, because the stairs were taken out from the museum, and, as museum's workers said me, that Yazlivchyk's catholic church will not be in the museum of people's architecture and mode of Ukrainians of the XVIIIth-early XXth centuries. Sorrowfully, but the workers of "Shevchenkivskyy Grove" don't know where Yazlivchyk catholic church is nowadays, and I don't know it too. It can be known for Olena Krushynska, the public person and the author of the book about 44 wooden churches of Lviv region. In 2009 she was one of the main initiators of the restoration of Yazlivchyk catholic church from Ukrainian side and in 2012 she also took part in the organization of the process of this temple's restoration. And few days ago I found Olena Krushynska on facebook and asked her about present location of Yazlivchyk's catholic church, but she didn't answer me. I must call in the different departments of Lviv State Regional Administration and Lviv City Council to know exactly where Yazlivchyk's catholic church is now and then I'll write about it here.   

No comments:

Post a Comment